Saturday, December 03, 2005

Army vs. Navy




Today is the game that if you are on an active duty post is much bigger than I remember, but the Army/Navy game is today, and even though they are not that good, it is a big rivalry. We have everyone over in the room to watch so were excited.(Actually, I went out to run my 3 miles, and LTC Spear went to breakfast and brought back everyone else.) I guess I will have to not get away for another day!
Anyways, last night we went out to dinner at the State Line BBQ. I guess it was NOT the same place as I had the Jalepeno last year. It was on the western border of New Mexico. See El Paso is kind of on the tri border of Mexico, NEW Mexico, and Texas, so you can get to either one in minutes. So the State Line is on the border of New Mexico and Texas, and it was VERY good.
I had my first whiskeys in 8 months, and my buzz would have felt better if I was around my wife, but the atmosphere was good, so I will take it. Mix my cold with a slight hangover this morning, and I NEEDED to go on my run this morning to sweat the toxins out!
Other than that, LTC Spear wants to go to Landry's seafood house tonight. Anyone been there? I have seen them in a lot of places, but never have been there. Today is a day of football, and I think after 2pm today, being that golf is only $2.50 I think I might walk the mile and a half to play a few holes. A bit windy here in El Paso today, but it is sunny and in the 70's and is REALLY nice being that I am from Minnesota, and it is December! So I will be like Sheryl Crow, and soak up the sun before I head to the frozen tundra next week, but I will bring some of that warmth home for my wife and kids. Looking forward to warming up with my wife under the covers! Have a great Saturday!
Later,
Erik

81 Comments:

Blogger YellowRose said...

Erik, So glad you are back in the states!! Enjoy the warmth of Texas...it's a good place. But I know you can't wait to be back home with Missy and the kids. This will be one very special Christmas for you all! Many blessings to you and your family!!

December 03, 2005 12:36 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Well, Erik, off hand I would say that a few whiskies were in order. But yes, who you drink them with does make a difference. It won't be long now and you and Mis will be toasting to your favorite companion - EACH OTHER.
Enjoy the warmth of the sun...and then(and may that be soon) bask in the warmth of finally being with your family.
How different your Christmas will be this year. And how blessed.

December 03, 2005 9:51 PM  
Blogger Me said...

The snow photo's on my blog should help you get in the right frame of mind for "HOME". :)

Don't forget to listen to Michael Buble's song "home" as well now that you can.

December 04, 2005 6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

March 06, 2007 12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IxzNTn The best blog you have!

November 01, 2007 11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zkWBcH actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

November 02, 2007 10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

November 02, 2007 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all!

November 02, 2007 12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all!

November 02, 2007 1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all!

November 02, 2007 2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

November 03, 2007 3:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

November 03, 2007 8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all!

November 03, 2007 9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

November 03, 2007 10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

iG1jNB write more, thanks.

November 04, 2007 4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

November 04, 2007 7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

November 04, 2007 8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all!

November 04, 2007 10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

November 04, 2007 10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job!

November 04, 2007 11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

November 04, 2007 11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

November 05, 2007 12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

November 05, 2007 12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnific!

November 05, 2007 1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

November 05, 2007 2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnific!

November 05, 2007 2:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

November 05, 2007 3:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

November 05, 2007 3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C++ should have been called B

November 05, 2007 4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

November 05, 2007 5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

November 05, 2007 5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.

November 05, 2007 6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

November 05, 2007 6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

November 05, 2007 7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnific!

November 05, 2007 7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

640K ought to be enough for anybody. - Bill Gates 81

November 05, 2007 8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

November 05, 2007 8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

November 05, 2007 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

November 05, 2007 9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

November 05, 2007 10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

November 05, 2007 11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

November 05, 2007 11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C++ should have been called B

November 05, 2007 12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnific!

November 05, 2007 12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

November 05, 2007 1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.

November 05, 2007 1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C++ should have been called B

November 05, 2007 2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Energizer Bunny Arrested! Charged with battery.

November 05, 2007 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all!

November 05, 2007 3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C++ should have been called B

November 05, 2007 3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

November 05, 2007 4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job!

November 05, 2007 5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.

November 05, 2007 5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

November 05, 2007 6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all!

November 05, 2007 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All generalizations are false, including this one.

November 05, 2007 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I.

November 05, 2007 8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

November 05, 2007 8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

November 05, 2007 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

November 05, 2007 9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

November 05, 2007 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

November 05, 2007 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

November 05, 2007 11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Calvin, we will not have an anatomically correct snowman!

November 06, 2007 12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

November 06, 2007 1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I.

November 06, 2007 2:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

November 06, 2007 2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

November 06, 2007 3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Save the whales, collect the whole set

November 06, 2007 4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

November 06, 2007 5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

November 06, 2007 6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience.

November 06, 2007 6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

November 06, 2007 7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

November 06, 2007 7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

November 06, 2007 8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

November 06, 2007 9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

November 06, 2007 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.

November 06, 2007 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.

November 06, 2007 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Energizer Bunny Arrested! Charged with battery.

November 06, 2007 12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience.

November 06, 2007 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C