Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas shopping.......


Me and Kendall

Madison at her favorite sport

Hunter trying to get through a pick. He's in the middle!


I am glad it is finally Christmas Eve, because I don't know if I could handle another day of shopping. I like shopping, but man this past week has been like I won a shopping spree without getting the free stuff. EVERY day Missy and I have gone shopping somewhere. Mall of America 3 times, and Target I can't count how many times I have been there now.
Oh well, it is all part of the season right?
So between that and Missy and Madison going to the Rockettes this week and me taking Kendall which has been great to be home with her by myself. Hunter and I taking care of her is awesome. I have to say I am blessed to have the kids I have because they take such good care of each other. They are GREAT with Kendall. And man, Kendall is just such a joy to be around on a daily basis. I have to admit that I was nervous about what my patience was gonna be like, but I have to admit my patience is SO much better than before I left. Missy actually gives me a hard time for driving too slow. I mean yes, it is pretty bad to be always going 35 in a 50 zone. Oh well, I am retired after all!
So I will put up some pics of our week, and I have to say that it was busy but fun, and it makes me feel part of real life again.
I know that next week will be a little less hectic, and maybe I will get some kind a routine, but I am sure it will take till the 1st week in Jan.
But It has been in the 40's the last couple days here, and I like that. The snow melts a little, and you can go outside and really appreciate it for what it is.
Being that it is Christmas Eve, I want to wish EVERYONE a Merry Christmas, and hope everyone has a great night tonight, and day tommorrow. Please stay safe, and happy, and enjoy the times you have with your family this season. I have to also add that if anyone has family issues that are petty, please try to get past them and mend fences. It is a great time of year to do that. It is discouraging to be sent overseas away from my family for so long and come back and see so much discourse and anger within our OWN country and between our own families. Especially about things that are dumb.
Everyone have a drink of Eggnog and think of the Holtans this year. We are together and that is what counts.
Have a great day!
Later,
Erik and the Holtan family!(Patience, the Christmas cards are in the mail. Sorry, we have been busy)

10 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Good Morning and Merry Christmas!

I'm pouring the coffee and I have a ton of cookies made. :)

December 24, 2005 7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor man!! My husband hates it too.
We will have a cup of Gluehwein and think of all the Soldiers out there...those which are still with us and those who gave there live for ALL OF US.

December 24, 2005 8:24 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Merry Christmas to the Holtan's!!

December 24, 2005 4:16 PM  
Blogger YellowRose said...

A Very Merry Christmas to The Holtans!!! I wish you love, joy and peace in the upcoming year and beyond!

December 25, 2005 4:54 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I sure hopw you are having a GREAT Christmas!!

December 25, 2005 5:34 PM  
Blogger Brighton said...

Merry Christmas Erik!

December 25, 2005 8:19 PM  
Blogger Brighton said...

Merry Christmas Erik!

December 25, 2005 8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Holtan's
I love you guys.
Kisses to All
Trac

December 26, 2005 6:03 AM  
Blogger Melis said...

I understand busy, and the whole shopping thing! I love the end result of the expressions, but boy getting there is non the less painful! lol I hope your Christmas was every bit of fantastic!

January 02, 2006 10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it consumer report lcd tv Prozac withdrawl and shortness of breath At systems security prescott coffee maker chip foose cars

February 23, 2007 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C