Sunday, December 11, 2005

Thank You!!!

Well, I am back in El Paso after my great reunion with my family. Hopefully I will be out of here again soon.
I want to thank EVERYONE of my family members who met me at the airport even if it was late at night and everyone took the time to go through security at MPLS and just to say hi to me! I also want to thank the family members who came over on Friday night to welcome me back. If I didn't get time to talk to you all that much I hope I at least got to chat for a little bit. Remember, Christmas time is almost here and I am certain I will see all of you at some point.
I did not take too many pictures so if some of you did and have them on your computer, I would LOVE to have some via electrons.
I had a GREAT time with the kids and my beautiful wife and I know we were glad to see each other. I want to say that I am SO proud of my wife and kids for the way they took this year head on and got through it! Seeing Kendall and have her warm up to me so fast was just awesome. She is SO great. Spending the time taking my kids on errands, and getting the Christmas tree was fun and they needed it! Mis, I can't wait to spend more time alone with you, but we spent some good time together this weekend, and loved it. I am so proud of the person you have become this year, and like I said to everyone, it was like I was in a time warp, and I haven't been gone that much!
I also want to thank everyone who left such nice comments on the site. You ALL have played a part in my deployment, whether you wanted to or not. Your support has been great as well.
I feel a little sad as to how certain things went down earlier in the deployment, and if some of you weren't around for that part of it, I won't go into the details, but I am able to see clearer who is truly important in my life and who I don't need to worry about!
When I get pictures of the reunion I will post them!
I will for sure keep everyone updated as to how the holidays are with the family although as you see this weekend I didn't post because I was busy with the family! That is probably the way it is gonna be from now on. But I will be updating as I can OK?
Have a GREAT week.
Later,
Erik

10 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Erik I sure hope you get a chance to get back home this week. I am sure it will all be crazy. Reunions are such great things as I have said before. Welcome Home you deserve the time with the family for the holidays you have made us all proud!! I am going to be in Iowa next week and thinking about making a trip to the twin cities for shop for Christmas in which I have not even started. LOL Good luck and can not wait to see when you come home again. I am sure a weekend just want not enough time.

December 11, 2005 9:43 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Erik,
I can't tell you how thankful I am that you are home (as in back in the USA) and we are all hoping and praying that you will be back with Mis and the kids very soon. Ron and I send you and your family our love and our gratitude for what you've endured this past year. What a sweet and blessed reunion you must have had this weekend. Ron and I didn't know you at the very beginning of this deployment, but to have been been with you during at least some of it has been a blessing. We have "met" a wonderful soldier, his strong and beautiful wife, and adorable children.
Hmmm...not seeing you post as often..we will miss that but will know that you are catching up on family time and that's a wonderful thing...truly.
Hope you are home soon - that would be in MN :).
Please give that sweet wife a hug for me...wish I could do that in person to both of you.
Blessings my friend.

December 12, 2005 3:59 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Reading some of your words reminds me of the times that Coffeehusband I have lived apart while going through transfers and moves to different states. Within a couple hours sometimes it feels as if we hadn't been apart for months! LOL.

Neat how that works.

December 12, 2005 5:45 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Glad you had an awesome weekend with your family. Hopefully this week they will have it all worked out and you can be home for good! As my kids pointed out to me this morning only 13 days 'till Christmas - and you being home has to be your family's best Christmas present ever!

December 12, 2005 5:58 AM  
Blogger barb pfister said...

Glad to see you had such a great time. Enjoy every moment!!!!! Will check back to see how you are doing.
Barb

December 12, 2005 9:23 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Glad that you had a great weekend with Mis and the kids. I know that you sure hated to have to leave them again, but real soon you will be home for good.

December 12, 2005 10:37 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Bud, I am so glad you got to go home. I am sure Mis was thrilled. It is kind of weird, not really "knowing" ya'll, but feeling so much emotion knowing you and the family were back together. I am so happy for all of you. I hope you are permantly home soon. It just gives such a lump in my throat knowing that you had to turn around and leave. I just want to rush to your house and hug Mis and the kids for being so strong. I adore you guys and hope someday to see ya'll. Maybe play a little golf? Who knows.;)

December 12, 2005 12:20 PM  
Blogger YellowRose said...

I'm so happy to hear you are reunited with your family at last! It's been a long journey, but I want to thank you for letting me share in it.

God bless you and your family this Christmas season and may this holiday be one of joy, love and peace.

December 12, 2005 3:22 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

WELCOME HOME!!

December 12, 2005 6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! http://www.homeowners-insurance-4.info Free motorola mono ringtone headphones Drying oven portable projector screen Antidepressant drug called effexor Manufacturer of bull roof rack conference calling vitamins http://www.bingo-game-9.info Porsche t-shirts Ativan buy overnight Acuvue+lenses+sweden Cause+eyebrow+hair+loss nikki benz Herbal supplements to prevent alzeimers Contact lenses new zealand

April 26, 2007 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C