Who is Kinky Friedman?
For all you Texans out there, I hae been seeing this commercial for an action figure named Kinky Friedman. You can only get it if you elect him. Is he real or is it a joke? Just wondering!
Anyways, I came back to Bliss and outprocessed today, and of course it only took about 3 hours, but I will am done and got my DD214 so I will fly home tommorrow, and that is good.
As luck would have it, after I got my plane ticket I ran into the others that were deployed with me from MN that ended up in Afghanistan, and it was good to see CPT Yost and CPT Wallman.
We had a lot to talk about and went out to dinner at the State Line BBQ again. It was fun and a guy that they had hooked with on the way home who went to dinner from Virginia ended up to have gone to basic training with me at Ft. Knox and to Ft. Sam Houston for medical training in 1990, so it is a small world after all to coin a Disney phrase. It was great to see them again and go over "War Stories" Of course we could have gone on for hours, but I am sure I will see them after we get home to rehash other memories.
So of course I took pictures of my day today, but I didn't bring my cord to put them in my computer, but I took the lunch hour and went to Whataburger, and drove up the Franklin mountains and ate looking over the scenery down on the El Paso/Jaurez valley.
In the valley you have the American side with El Paso, and the Mexican side with Jaurez, and some call it a whole metro area, but I can't see without a totally open border how it could be considered all one metro area. Especially seeing that it is SO different from one side to another, and it isn't like you can pass through as you like!
I will update once I get home for good, and hopefully new pictures to boot!
Later,
Erik











9 Comments:
lmao! It *sounds* like a joke!
Erik,
Have no clue about Kinky Friedman...just glad to see that you are going home today. I'll bet that when you were looking out over ElPaso and Juarez you were thinking "what a great and beautiful country we live in." Anything seen from the mountain peaks is a beautiful sight in this land that we live in and love.
God bless your journey home and all the days that follow.
Blessings to you my friend.
Get Home Already!!!!
Erik
what can i say? I'm VERY proud of you and Miss. I am so glad you're home. I knew Miss would make it, she married you!!!!! (guess you had to be there)
love you gulys with all my heart
Kisses to the kids for me
Trac
Glad you are officially 'outprocessed' and on the way home - yea!!! Have a wonderful flight home, enjoy the snow - and have as Baby Girl says 'the bestest' day ever!
Kinky Friedman is indeed very real.
And to think that I might miss out on the action figure.
Glad to hear yu are on the final leg of your journey. Be safe and remember to enjoy!!!!!!!!
Barb
Kinky for President!
He's real. Read him. Listen to his music. He da' person!
Post a Comment
<< Home