I love a parade!
Hunter and I waiting!
Award winning float!!!!???????
Yep, well, I hope no one at KFAN reads this, and I am very honored they had the idea in mind to honor the "True SuperStars", but they didn't put too much planning into the float we rode on yesterday! You can see by the pictures that we had fun at the Winter Carnival Parade and the crowd at the parade was just awesome with their support and thank you's and I have to say that I didn;t kow what to expect when starting as Minnesota is a pretty (very) liberal stae, and a lot of people will tell you if they don't agree with the war or whatever, but the crowd was just amazing, and with Lee Greenwood on the loudspeakers, and Toby Keith blaring, it was pretty cool, even though it was starting to rain, and windy! I am truly proud to be an American!
So back to the float. The KFAN people could not have been nicer, and
they were happy to have us there, and I ended up being the only "War Hero" there and some other guys who had not been deployed. When Hunter and I showed up they had this lawn trailer not decorated, and they were starting the process of doing it and said "Don't Worry, we are decorating it now" Okay, so as you can see, I don't think they even came close to having the judges vote Best Float for the parade, but we could have had best American Spirit, and we passed out flags, and waved. Hunter had a great time there and was a good kid on the float, and aside from me being run over by the float as we were waiting to go, it was very great to be there. Yep, I said I was run over by the float! So, I was getting off the float to pass out some flags before we left the staging area, and some beauty pageant girls(Chicks) were asking for pictures. So I stood next to the trailer, and people started saying "Let's Go!" to us. Well, the driver thought they were saying it to him and he went! Well, my whole dang leg was in front of the tire, and got jacked! I think it is fine, and it hurt so bad after it rode up the back up my leg, but it is just a little sore today! Oh well, all in all it was great and good to see some of the people like Martha Cianchette who commented on yesterdays post about it!
I wasn't able to see anyone I wanted to give the finger to, so sorry for that!
But thanks so much for giving a rip about my announcement that is forthcoming, and sorry I am making it anticlimactic, but I just can't say anything til this coming week! I like that everyone has a guess, so keep checking in!
Have a great Sunday!
Later,
Erik













5 Comments:
Congrats to you, a parade was the very least they could do for you and what you have done for our country!
Sounds like fun. I hope you did not get to wet. Of course we care what you have to say. You always have alot to so for the most part and it is pretty intersting other wise you would not get so much feedback. Waiting to see what you have for an annoucment.....
I am not a very patient person, can you just tell us now? (please?)
Looks like you and your little guy had a great time - too bad about them running you over - hope your leg is feeling better, and you are right - MN is VERY LIBERAL - am glad the crowd supported you. This household supports our troops and their families.
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! How is fat disposed from the body
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Approved zocor berkline massage easy lift reclining chair poso creek paintball Chair like a kinderzeat Interior design colleges californina Bus chair computer cutie recliner hammocks rope chairs lakiery alfa romeo Chicco mamma high chairs two sexy blondes swapping my hot cum contemporary furniture leather set 3pc sofa loveseat chair Sleep sofa air mattress Denton county driveway paving What are provigil tablets for Download slot machine
Post a Comment
<< Home