Thursday, January 12, 2006

I'll make this quick!

So I started work yesterday and I have to say the things I am working on now are EXACTLY what I envisioned wanting to do when I came back. I didn't really know what I would be asked to do in my position, but I am working with our state coordinator for soldiers who get injured or ill, and either have to come home and get treated or stay as medical holdovers to go though recovery. We are tracking them and their progress, and are trying to start a reintegration program for those who come back injured. It is a bit different than the regular reintegration process I am goign through in the fact that they might have different needs or circumstances regarding their experience and the fact of the matter is taking care of people to me, and in the military they say Take Care Of The Soldier! Well, I look at it as Take Care Of People! That is why I am glad I can do this!
Either way the first 2 days have been off and running, and busy! I like it and feel I am bringing a different viewpoint of deployment to the table for the Medical Readiness team in the MNARNG! I hope so anyways.
So I am being on the cheap and we still are with only 1 vehicle, and I am seeing if that will work, as I do have a bus route that leaves from here to St. Paul in the morning, and being that monthly parking at the Capitol can be $50, I am gonna pay either way right? So why buy another vehicle? We'll see how far this goes!
I have the ball tommorrow night and I will take pictures of the lovely Missy and myself. I have my uniform together and it should be fun. We are staying an extra night at the hotel to get a little alone time so we'll see how much we come up for air.
Thanks so much everyone for their well wishes for my job, and even though I said to wish me luck most of you would have done it anyways!
Later,
Erik

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your new position sounds very interesting. I'm married, with two children and two dogs, and we have only one car too (not because of lack of money, my husband is a SGM)...but we decided not to spent extra money if we can work it out somehow.

January 12, 2006 8:59 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

I'm glad the new job looks good, it sounds like the kind of job where you can always see the good you are doing.

Have a great time at the ball, and a fun weekend. I guess we'll look for an update on Monday, eh?
*grin*

January 13, 2006 7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you won!

January 13, 2006 12:04 PM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

I am glad the job is all you thought it would be - have a wonderful time at the Ball!

January 13, 2006 5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Erik- you can say I'm pregnant- lol. It's just that last time, by the time you heard about it we'd lost it.
:)

January 14, 2006 5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

E-ticket! Congrats on the gig. Say hi to Rectenwal, Landgrabe, Moe, Carlson, and the rest of the medical readiness team for me. Things are still silly in Camp Shelby, but you know how that goes. I'll let our Echo folks know about your new job.
D-Rock

January 14, 2006 7:26 AM  
Blogger YellowRose said...

Congrats on the job Erik!! It sounds wonderful as well as fulfilling. Hope you and Missy have a wonderful time at the ball and I can't wait to see the pictures!

January 14, 2006 4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 15, 2006 4:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And we at the Medical Readiness Team are glad to have you....someone has to pick up where SSG Dan left off.

Sarah

January 17, 2006 6:46 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

I am a huge fan of public transportation. Saves big bucks!!! Good luck with that. I am impressed by your new job. I would guess it to be both stressful and fullfilling all at once.

January 17, 2006 7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

March 05, 2007 3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C