Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Like sandstorms of the hourglass....

......Those were the days of my life!
Take a good look at the weather report on my sidebar for the weather in Najaf Iraq, cause I am taking it down in the next couple days!
And I am giving this weather link up to the other Minnesotans that are headed over.
Those were the best of times, and the worst of times, we laughed, we cryed.
It was a nice run, in the words of The Common Man from KFAN here in Minneapolis.

I start my new job tommorrow in St. Paul and I went over today to meet my new cowrkers, and they seem great and I am excited for the opportunity to work as a civilian in the MNARNG!
As I have said before this will be a change for us around here, being that my wife is ataying home and I am going to work, but I hope it will be a change for the good.

Not much new on the homefront, as we are busy toting the kids around after school to chior for Madison and church, and then both of them have basketball Mon thru Thurs. It is pretty fun and Madison won her basketball game tonight in the last minute 18-17 and she scored 4 points and played VERY well.

Friday night they are having a welcome home ball in Bloomington for all the "War Heroes", and I had to go out and get a tux shirt and bowtie to wear with my class A's for the event, it is a little loose, but I don't really have time for alterations!
Oh well, wish me luck back to the grind!
Later,
Erik

11 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I am sure you are just sucking all the family time up you can!!! It is great to be home I am sure. Good luck tomorrow with your job. And HAVE A GREAT TIME AT THE BALL They are always kind of fun.

January 10, 2006 10:57 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Hi Erik,
Good luck as you start your new job...and have a great time at the Ball...bet you and Mis are gonna look wonderful (cause you already do)!
Blessings my friend.

January 11, 2006 4:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun at the ball, and take some pic.

January 11, 2006 5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck!

January 11, 2006 5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know army guys had balls! Ha ha ha- just kiddin! Have fun guys.
-The Connerys

January 11, 2006 7:45 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Way to go Madison on having an awesome game - stick with it!

Good luck!

January 11, 2006 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey cool blog.
http://www.european-vacation-hotels.com/
inland Florida vacation rental properties

January 11, 2006 10:05 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Your posts since you've been home have been great. Best of luck to you at the new job. Hope you and Missy have a great weekend...

Emily

January 12, 2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

finally you are going to work. LOL!!!! Good luck with that.

January 12, 2006 8:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

E-ticket, waz goin' on?

January 12, 2006 6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

April 26, 2007 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C