Saturday, December 31, 2005

Out with the old...........


Yep, it REALLY is gonna be out with the old next week as my treadmill visit was just cut short by me breaking it! Dang, the 1st time since I have been back that I went on the thing and it broke. Oh well, it has a lot of mile on the thing, so it has treated us well!
This last week has been good for us, and going away with the kids for a few days was GREAT! We hung out, swam, shopped went downtown to the Depot skating, and just got out of the house and relaxed.
We were able to go have lunch with a great friend of mine Dan and his wife Emily! He is home for leave this Christmas on his way back to where I just came from! We were bro's before I left and I guess that hasn't changed. He is on his way to being a "war hero" as well. I have to say that I got a new job the past couple days and I will give Dan the credit for introducing me to it! I will be working as a civilian for the National Guard in St. Paul so that is a load off my mind. I will start in a couple of weeks, so wish me well. Also, my wife, who used to be the breadwinner in our house, has been so great staying at home this past year, and I LOVE that I want her to continue to, and she says she doesn't want me to feel like I am having too much pressure to go back to work, but alll the great thoughts and ideas I have wanted to aspire with in the past year, I need to get out there and get it done, and hanging out at home even if it is spending more time with the family. I want to do good things, and help people that can't be helped or need someone to help them by being PROACTIVE, and not waiting for people to say they need it. Let me give you an example! If I was a HEROIN addict, or a COMPULSIVE GAMBLER, OR STRUGGLED WITH DEPRESSION, would I be the one to say, "Hmm let ME call for help"! Well, more often than not if people waited for me to call for help, I would never do it, only keeping on spiraling til it was unfixable! Point being, I am NOT gonna be a drug counseler, but I want to ASK people if they NEED help and not say, "If you need help give a call!" Yes, we all say that, but do we act even BEFORE the call is needed?
That is what I want to do better this year, and I have a lot of ideas to where I can make that happen.
Anyways, I am taking out the TRASH of 2005 as well, and yes DAN, I rant on my site, and always will. You won't hear me talking about pretty birds on this site, unless, I start shock treatment or something.
I have to say once and for all, and after this I won't say a word about this subject on the site. Like I have stated before, things that have happened at home since I was gone, are still fresh in my head, and that is normal, cause I never got to deal with things at home. Most have moved on! That is great. I will say my peace 1 more time, and try to forget but never FORGIVE! To the people who were NOT there for my family(my wife and kids) or turned their back when my family needed them the most(You all know who you are) Fuck You!! I have nothing but bad feelings for you!
Yes, any family member who reads this, please I don't need to hear it!
You put YOURSELVES in the position that I had been in the past year, and you will find out who you can count on!
On to tommorrow, and to a fruitful year 2006!
And I am NOT drinking tonight either! I just needed to get it out!
Later,
Erik

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Hey Erik Happy New Year!! It is good to hear your had a nice holiday. Congrats on the job!

December 31, 2005 9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't drink either! lol- Happy new year!

January 01, 2006 5:47 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Hi Erik,
No drinking for me last night either. I am so glad for you that you got a new job - VERY similar to my daughter's post military position. Good to know that you got some much needed r and r with your family.
Happy New Year!

January 01, 2006 2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

March 02, 2007 5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C