Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I know EVERYTHING(just ask me)

So I can't find any photos to put up and I can't seem to offend anyone to comment about me not liking any pets. I am trying to cook up some controversy so A) I can get more readers B) More comments and C) people will start clicking my dang Google adds. Yes, I know I have some GREAT, EXCELLENT, AWESOME, LOYAL regular blog friends, and rest assured I know who all ya all are. Please don't ever get offended if you don't see comments from me more often. I am trying to cut my bloggin teeth now that real life has started again. I think I am getting used to my blogging ways, and YES, I need to update my site, cause let's face it. I am NOT in Iraq anymore. The last thing I want to do is be sitting here 10 years later, and use my experience from Iraq to talk myself up. It would be like the Eddie Munster character(Butch Patrick) who still shows up at car shows to sign autographs because he was Eddie Munster. Well, listen, if you are gonna pay me to sign my name I don't think I would turn you down, but I know, and YOU know that we see these people 20-30 years later and we critique! We look at Eddie Munster and say, MAN, he has a gut and looks older. DUH, he IS older! What do you expect. There just is a sense of letdown, cause he doesn't look the same. I liked that show so nothing against him, I was just using it as an example.
In the vain of has beens, I am a HUGE 80's hair band fan! I mean as far as music goes, YES, I am living in the past. Or I like new albums by those same bands, but I can't not listen to bands that I grew up with. Motley Crue(favorite still), uuhh, Dokken, Firehouse, Kiss, Queensryche, Iron Maiden, Stryper, Bon Jovi, Cinderella, and so on and so on...........
I can say this though, and my son, for a kid is pretty hip, more image conscious than I was at 8 was talking to me the other night, and I think I asked him if he thought I was a cool dad, or boring, and he said cool! (Believe me, he would have told me if I was a dork) I asked why he thought I was cool, and he said "Because you like Rock and Roll"!
He like bands like Green Day, Foo Fighters, 3 Days Grace, Switchfoot, and bands of that nature. I get surprised that he teaches ME about the new bands to like. That might make me hipper!
So anyways, back to the controversy! Or lack thereof.
I DO have political aspirations, and I have to fight to NOT put my opinions out there, and it might not be that big of a deal now, but the last thing I want to do is put ALL my ideals out there based on how I feel at the moment. Yes, I have done it before, but could you imagine, when I am running for governor if they checked back on my blog and saw where I said I was pro squirrel and when I was on the campaign trail I started talking crap about squirrels? I would be torn apart by the press! Either way, I have some controvery in the offing, regarding my opinions on things, so I will carefully skew my opinions as to not look like I am a waffler back and forth on issues, as my wifes and mines favorite aunt on her mom's side Kathy tells me I do. Or DID in Iraq! She said she looked forward to Christmas to call me out, but we never got together for Christmas so I can't wait!
SO.......tells your friends and enemies to stop by, and if they happen to support any of the Google ad proprieters by clicking on the links then so be it!
Have a great day!
Later,
Erik

12 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Shaking my head with a smile at the Google part of your post... you see I checked my stats last night and in the month of February I have made exactly $.01 - yes, that is 1 cent. LOL.

February 08, 2006 1:13 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I hope that my son would say that I was a cool mom, but he says that I was way too hard on him when he was a teenager, but then admits it was the right thing to do. At least you are a cool Dad.

February 08, 2006 1:19 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

You are definately a milblogger Eric. Once a milblogger, you will always be one. No denying that for you my friend. Come join us in DC. It is going ot be great.

February 08, 2006 2:07 PM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Well at least you know that you can't be flip-flopping back and forth on your opinions... That's step one...

Money off google ads - I supposedly was supposed to make money off survey's and polls - never received even $0.01.... lol

February 08, 2006 7:33 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Hi Erik,
Well, I can't say for sure if my kids think we are cool or not, but the older their kids get, the more they seem to understand us. Better late than never. :)
And they are starting to have an appreciation for OUR music, so that can't be all bad.

Be blessed Erik.

February 08, 2006 8:14 PM  
Blogger thisbearbites said...

Enjoy being cool while you can. When your kids are teens - you will NOT be cool. When they are adults, you be be intelligent again, but never cool.

February 08, 2006 10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*comes in and does a tap dance*
thought you might like a tap dance.... :)

February 09, 2006 5:49 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Well, Erik, I think we are going to have to end our friendship. I had no idea you were pro squirrel. I am so disappointed in you. I thought you were better then that. I really thought you were pro ground hog and now that I know the truth well......

February 09, 2006 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmao...finally something to comment on....

a. Most days I like my dog better than people...200% return for 50% effort.

b. I am a grandma who has always watched MTV etc so that I could stay "hip" on what my children are watching...Erik, I remember you are a Jessica & Nick fan...you should see Pink's new video "Stupid Girl", she BLASTS Jessica, Paris, Victoria Giotti, video hootchie girls...what a great video. Madison should see it, she would relate.

As for the big hair rockers...they're starting to look a little pathetic in their golden years. Ozzy just doesn't do it for me anymore after watching his reality show.

February 09, 2006 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I promise to visit your Google ads every time I stop by here...hope you make a ton of money!

February 09, 2006 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site »

February 06, 2007 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info fitness info incorporating green cards bluetooth wireless bluetooth headphones

April 25, 2007 2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C