Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Long Strange trips from the past!




I am on a search and seizure mission thorugh my computer at home here to see what pics I have in the hard drive, I have added all the stuff from overseas to the existing stuff I had already had before I left which was not too much, but mostly from vacations and such. SO I came across some that I had forgotten of us in Duluth Minnesota before I left. Just thought I would relive a warm summertime in northern Minnesota on the shores of Lake Superior. That was cool.
Getting ready for Lent in the Holtan household, that starts tommorrow, and being today is Fat Tuesday, and tommorrow is a fasting day I guess, but does that mean I can't have GirlScout cookies?
Well, I have a hard time giving up something for Lent, but I could afford to give up something, whether it be Kodiak, Diet Pepsi, swearing, work.
Hunter said he is giving up school. I said I was giving up Seafood on everyday but Friday, but I guess that won't fly here. Now starts the time for us on Fridays to have Red Lobster or Cheese Pizza, and the freezer is now stocked with shrimp for Fridays. I won't give up coffee, so it is tough cause I don't know what! I could give up making dumb comments on other peoples sites I suppose, as today I weighed in on MamaDucks site about Wisconsin trying to pass the Gay Marriage deal or whatever they wanna do! Yeah, I didn't share too much of the same opinions over there.
Oh well, it is all about living within yourself to me and I am not gonna tell anyone else who to pick for their bedfellows!
So anyways, not too much else here, as it is the wekday and right now they are same ol same ol!
Later,
Erik

2 Comments:

Blogger mdvelazquez said...

Giving up work for Lent is probably not a good idea because it could equal no Red Lobster.

My grandmother REFUSED to serve meat on Fridays throughout the year. Since she was frugal, we usually had canned tuna or salmon. We loved lent because during lent she would have us each make our own pizza out of slice bread. Heaven.

Have a great day.

Maria

March 01, 2006 3:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

February 16, 2007 5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C