Friday, February 24, 2006

Mainly pictures!



OK, these are the pictures I was talking about yesterday at the kids school. HOWEVER, the ones with the kids on the podiums were taken AFTER because obviously nothing was taken DURING cause of the battery issue I had previously talked about!

So I won't give the name of that particular hockey player because I never told him I was going to put them up! Either way it was cool to see the jersey and Silver Medal!

In other news:

Hey, I was only asking about the tip, I didn't tip the guy, but you know I am one who believes what comes around goes around, and you can never be punished by being generous!

In this case, I wanted to cover the bases of the State Lottery. I mean I have read guidlines on AOL and the web that have talked about tipping whom and how much, and I don't tip the mail person or the garbageman, and NOT the paper person. THings like that you are suppose to tip I guess. Hell, last year before I left, we were at a local steakhouse, and we had some friends there, and we came seperate, and got tables right next to each other and that is how it worked out. Well, the waitress, even though we had 2 checks, put us on the over 8 people service charge 15% and then we said, wait a minute, we are not 1 group just because we know each other. So she kept saying we know each other and blah blah blah, and after a couple minutes she said "Well, this is America, you can choose to tip or not!" Listen you spoiled little waitress, I hose NOT to! See that is Karma, she would have made MORE than 15% if she would have shut her pie hole! Instead she made 0%! Obviously being that I was leaving in two days made it a little more dramatic, and some chick was worried about $10.

There is me rambling again, but at least now after all you mean ladies to me HELL NO that I was suppose to tip, I don't feel bad!

BREAKING NEWS! WHEW HOOO!!!! American Curlers won the Bronze Medal!

Later,

Erik

7 Comments:

Blogger Brighton said...

How rude! I wouldn't have tipped her either. Servers usually make out better tip wise when they just let people determine what to leave rather than impose the gratuity.
Silly girl.

February 24, 2006 5:28 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

yeah I hate that too. Man I like to tip well but when they figure in the tip that just pisses me off. What is worse is when they group the kids with the size of 8. That is an insult to me. Well anyway I could go on for hours how much it torks me off. LOL Have a good weekend!!

February 24, 2006 10:30 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Erik,
The pix are cool - so Madison and Hunter have finally reached the "DAD!!!" stage...well I am happy to say that it only lasts a few years and then they are back looking for hugs in public. Good thing too cause Ron and I are huggers from the word go. :)
About the tip...I sooooo agree with your not tipping the girl. She could have been gracious and said, "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were all together in the same party...," changed the check and let it go..that would have been worth a 20% tip in my book. She couldn't have been too smart because, as you said, she would have received a 15% tip from you AND your friend if she had done the math right.
Take care Erik and give your family a group hug for me (not in public though :)

February 25, 2006 6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldnt have tipped her either. Someone who acts like that doesnt deserve a tip.

February 25, 2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sometimes greed overcomes the ability to actually get what they deserve. I can't believe she charged you the 15%.

February 25, 2006 6:26 PM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

I tip waitress/waiters, but not the garbage man, newspaper person, mailman etc. I would not have tipped that waitress - that was just plain rude and stupid on her part.

February 26, 2006 2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I have read, you are supposed to tip those people on special ocasions E.G. Christmas.
I don't but that is just me. Nobody gives me anyting for doing my job!
Anyway I have a buddy who thinks you are required to tip 15-20% no matter what good service bad, it doesn't matter.
I do not agree! Tipping is for good service not for just showing up! I think I am a good tipper in general but if you just show up it is not going to be as good!
Ryan

February 28, 2006 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C