Thursday, February 16, 2006

My take on the weather forecast!

It's here folks...........The Twin cities is gonna miss the fake snowstorm, that was NEVER suppose to hit us but FUNNY..........the build up on the news has been HUGE for the past week so we would watch the forecast. I mean, I watch the forecast EVERY night regardless I don't need the threat of a major snowstorm to get me to watch. These dudes and dudettes(Belinda Jensen Ch.11 and Janie Peterson Ch. 9) get paid great money to run the computer models and take a stab at which one is right! Then when it doesn't happen the way they say, they will tell you that, they thought there was a chance nothing would happen to save their ass from looking stupid. I WANT a snowstorm, but when there is a build up people get all giddy because it is winter and most people like a good snowfall, HOWEVER, when the giddiness subsides to crabbiness because the the buildup ends up to be the total opposite of what is suppose to happen.
Let me give you an example of BOGUSNESS!
I wake up this morning at 5:30 this morning and see Channel 5 out of my haze say that later on this AM it will start snowing at an inch and hour, so then I go to all the other channels thinking, "WOW they were wrong!" But every other channel was saying we would be lucky to get an inch! Then I thought, " Well, maybe I was still sleeping when I saw Channel 5", so I go back and check Channel 5 and he says we will get maybe 7-8 inches in the south metro around where I live!
WHAT THE HECK????????????
I don't get why we depend on people that are mainly correct ONLY when they are telling us what happened AFTER the day is over!!!!!
People actually do depend on weather forecasts for a lot of different reasons, whether their employment depends on what the weather does, or what they put their kids in to go to school. Sometimes I think that TV stations use weather headlines or the threat of weather headlines as a ratings grabber and I think that is wrong! Sure, if a Tornado is coming I want to know so they do a service for things of that nature, but a bullcrap weather forcast can make EVERYONE crabby!!!!!

CAN YOU TELL???????????????????????????????

Later,
Erik

5 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Do not bother to listen to weather forecasters. They are all idiots. Truly - an old grandpa on his farm can tell you what's coming by watching the animals, the smell of the wind, etc. Todays weather guys rely on computers and nothing else. You don't have to be smart, you just have to look good on the tv screen to be a weather person. I trust Grandpa.

February 16, 2006 11:19 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

I have some snow, enough that the schools closed and the smaller colleges also closed. Which meant hubby didn't have to go to work, but he got paged out anyway. As soon as Baby Girl wakes up from her nap we will probably be bundled up to go outside and play.

February 16, 2006 11:44 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

If our guys say snow, we know it is okay to make plans. If they say no snow, we stock up for the three days we will be stuck in the house. Well, mr. mccrab...lol....I have nothing else to say, just wanted to call you that. Bwhahahaha

February 16, 2006 12:24 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Here in PA we are having lovely weather--rain instead of snow. =) You sound like my sister, wanting a good snowfall! Sorry you didn't get it. Hope one comes soon so you don't have to be Crabby anymore. lol

February 16, 2006 4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my a is for asia site.
Good luck in your endeavors!

June 29, 2006 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C