Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Dude, where's the warmth?

So we are in Myrtle Beach South Carolina, and it has been cool so far for the most part. We left Thursday afternoon, drove three days and got here on Sunday! So the car ride down was adventerous, because we never took the kids travelling when they were Kendalls age, and you know, she doesn't like riding in cars anyways, BUT we made it and so kudos to her!
Now, Myrtle Beach could stand to be a little warmer this week. I mean, by today it was supposed to be 70 and it still is in the lower 60's. Oh well, I don't ned a damn tan anyways. We are in the Carribbean resort that Merritt informed me about in this area, and for the price and what it offers it is great! 3 double beds, sofa, dining table full kitchen, lazy river 12th floor on the Atlantic. They don't mention the construction on the website. Well, they do, but it pretty much changes a lot of what they advertise! The kids are having fun swimming, we have gone into the ocean alot, even though we are the only ones, and the water is cold. But, the crowds are low, prices are great, and all in all, we are having fun!
I think we'll leave Friday! Well, I KNOW we'll leave Friday!
Props out to the Sheraton here i Myrlte Beach for having 15 minute coffee parking, and a computer room they don't check on for outsiders, cause I am using that benefit up!
Oh, I am suppose to be out getting milk for Kendall, so I am sure I will come and get coffeee again this week, although, not checking emails is actually OK, if you go cold turkey, or if the place your staying at has no computer! It's a good break I guess!
Later,
Erik

9 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Yeah! You checked in! Sorry to hear it's a bit chilly (I warned you about that though! LOL). I have MB weather on my homepage so every morning I check what it is here, verses MB and Rome, Italy. ;)

I see it's 68 for you today.

Don't forget Barefoot Landing (north of you), Medieval Times, Broadway at the Beach and etc.

PS: are you getting the milk at Winn Dixie? LOL. We do our grocery shopping there on Sunday evening when we arrive, first thing.

Have a great time... and watch for dolphins and whales! We've seen both there RIGHT UP NEAR THE BEACH. Dolphins literally playing so close they touched my leg!!!! Whales breaching out of the water just about 20 feet away once. It was amazing....

(don't see them every time, but about every 3rd time, we have).

March 29, 2006 5:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never been to Myrtle Beach.... how is it (on warm days, hehe)?

March 29, 2006 5:46 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Whew.... thank goodness for hotels with computers.

March 29, 2006 7:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dude there are quite a few places in Myrtle that are good to the off-season tourists. I love it there.

Just a little-known fact for you... Christopher Clause lives there! "Really, Santa lives in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina?", you say.

Yep - he's my cousin and that is where he lives - sans reindeer. Why his mother named him few will ever truly know!

Hope you have/had a great time! Merritt is right about all the sea life! SHOW US THE PICTURES - soon.

March 29, 2006 3:36 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Hope you all are having a great time! Have a Safe Trip Back.

March 30, 2006 7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you were crazy when I read you were going to drive.
Ryan

March 30, 2006 1:19 PM  
Blogger Me said...

*Saturday*


We make the drive in about 3 weeks. I bet it will be a LOT warmer for us! LOL.

Actually I just checked, and sure enough, you left YESTERDAY and guess what the high for that area is today? 77! :)

April 01, 2006 6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

January 31, 2007 3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! lamborghini diablo pda accessory Perfume aftershaves royall fragrances perfume.com Vacation pacages Tramadol addictive Home remedy high cholesterol Strong investments retirement plan miluakee Computer designs lowering cholesterol

April 25, 2007 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C