I totally forgot!


You know life has been so encompassing that I forgot it was just 1 year ago that I reenlisted for 6 more years in the military. My ETS date was March 18th, so I guess I started the new enlistment time already. Shouldn't that mean that my dang bonus should get here next month? It better for crying out loud! 6 more years and I'll be through. Well, right now I am actually in the process of trying to get OUT of the National Guard and go to the Reserves. That won't affect my civilian job working for the National Guard, but will bring more opportunity for career moves and fulfillment in the Reserves.
So, we'll see what happens.
Either way, I have said before I was so proud to reenlist IN Iraq, and would do it all over again, and to have MG Shellito from MN swear me in, it was very cool.
So, now, if I want this to be my last enlistment before I retire it can be.
Either way, I will think about it more in a couple weeks, but as for next week we are going to Myrtle Beach South Carolina for vacation, and it should be a good learning experience with Kendall on the long drive, but in true Clark Griswold fashion, I am up to it!
OH, AND LET ME ADD THIS BIT!!!!!!!!!!
In the 1st VACATION movie when they go over the Mississippi River in St. Louis Clark Griswold says to the kids. "There's the Mississippi River kids! The mighty Mississipp! The Ol Miss! The Old Man!!! Deep Riiiivvvvver.......(sings)!
I am weird, because EVERYTIME we go over the Mississippi River I say it to the kids...EVERYTIME!!!!!
KEEP THIS IN MIND!!!!! THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER GOES THROUGH MINNEAPOLIS, ST.PAUL, AND COTTAGE GROVE, WHERE WE LIVE!!!!!!
I know they HATE the Mighty Mississipp now!!
I can't wait for vacation!!!!
Later,
Erik











6 Comments:
Dude, I love that you harass your kiddos that way. My dad used to do the ol' M-I-crooked letter-crooked letter-I-crooked letter-crooked letter-I-hump back-hump back-I thing as well! Gotta' love it!
Also - Myrtle is great! It is about 2 hours from us... but I will be up in Virginia watchin' some rugby, then to a museum in Raleigh... Ya' - like I was invited!! HEHEHEHE!
Anyway - have fun!
You're too funny, Erik. I hope your trip isn't TOO Griswold like though.
Have fun.
Maria
lmao
spoken like a true dad! :)
okay that is hilarious. You are just funny.
Anyways, you need to go check out the site. There are a few surprises up there. Well, you already know about it but there are pictures!!!!
Enjoy your freakin' vacation. I wish I could just pack up and leave Ohio soon. Especially since I woke up this morning to like 3 or 4 inches of snow! I hate Ohio weather!
Erik,
in response to your comment. I think she is blowing you off. If I was her that is what I would be doing right now. JUST KIDDING! I am sure she is just busy with the baby stuff. yes, she seriously did have a baby. I still can't believe it myself. Anyways, I think what it is is that you owe her an email. So get your butt moving and get that email sent out. Even if you don't owe her an email she might have just forgotten, so send her one anyways and then it will jog her memory and she will email you back.
Well, i got to go. Enjoy your freakin vacation. I so wish i was you. I need a break from the cold. well I will talk to you later. And yes I am being nice to my war hero sister. I love that girl to dang much to be mean to her. Especially now that she has such a cute little kiddo. See ya erik.
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »
Post a Comment
<< Home