Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A year ago today.....means 1 year ago tommorrow!




If you saw the video I put up the other day of me walking into the hospital surprising Missy and the kids that I had gotten out of Iraq for leave to be here when our beautiful Kendall was born, well, that video was made one year ago TODAY! That meaning that 1 year ago TOMMORROW is Kendall Raye Holtan was born!
So, in advance of tommorrow, I want to say:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENDALL!!!!!!!!
Yes, it was a different type year for a newborn to be nurtured in by mom, and your 2 siblings, but they did sweetly with what they had, and they had a lot minus ME! And now that you know me more, and that I am daddy and not just a picture of an Army guy on the fridge, which still hangs up there, I am glad you have come to love me like I was never gone.
I am blessed to have had her born to Missy and I , and that being said, blessed to have children born to my love Missy and I altogether.
Kendall, you obviously can't read this, but you know how much I love you and what you do for us. When I get home from work everyday and come up the stairs and you crawl to the edge of the stairs, that makes me feel so loved, just to know that with me being gone, you LOVE when I come home and to see me. And when you say Dad, that melts my heart, and I can listen to it all day long!
In the tradition of Madison and Hunter, you have blessed us as our 3rd child and March 8th is your day to get whatever you want. Not that you don't get that EVERYDAY, but we will let the crying slide a little more tommorrow!
Mis, thanks for taking care of Kendall this past year and showing Kendall and the kids what a GREAT mother they have, The kids and myself would not have been able to do as well without your nurturing for ALL of us!
I LOVE YOU KENDALL!!!!!!

Later,
DAD(Erik)

11 Comments:

Blogger SeeingDouble said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Kendall!!!

March 07, 2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger mdvelazquez said...

Happy birthday, Kendall!

Maria

March 08, 2006 1:52 AM  
Blogger Me said...

It's March 8th alright! Happy Birthday Sweetie from someone in IOWA! :)

March 08, 2006 4:27 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Happy Birthday Kendall.

March 08, 2006 5:34 AM  
Blogger SpicyMom said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter. It just so happens to be my son's birthday as well. he's 4 today!

March 08, 2006 2:18 PM  
Blogger April M. Shah said...

happy birthday Kendall. Erik she is such a cutie! Congrats on everything!

March 08, 2006 3:31 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Holy guacamole -- you better give Missy props for me for that cake. That's a trophy cake if I've ever seen one. Happy Birthday to your sweet, sweet girl and may your whole family enjoy years and years of birthdays together for decades and decades to come. Em

March 08, 2006 8:05 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

God bless you sweet Kendall.

Erik...as Ron and I flew over MN tonight on our way home from our grandson Kasey's birthday party (which was on March 6th), I thought...hmmmm - I haven't checked Erik's site cause we've been on the go for the last few days but I sure hope he gave Kendall equal time for her birthday this week. WOOOO HOOOO Kendall...one year old. And congratulations to Erik and Mis. She is beautiful. A tribute to the love you have for one another - and her happy little face is a reflection of all of that too.
Sorry this reply is late...but many
blessings to you and to your family, Erik.

March 08, 2006 9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*stands and applauds*
You won! Go get your award!

March 09, 2006 5:59 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kendall!! I am sure it was wonderful to be home for her first Birthday Erik What a milestone. Time flys when the kids are growing up!

March 09, 2006 8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Corded phones answering machines circle of life diamond pendant Dangers of levitra Lingerie + bondage Data recovery programm http://www.onlinehpunixtraining.info training online Baccarat passions rims Ativan intravenous dose chevrolet dealers Financing rims and tires Northport ny rental properties Protonix ingrediants what is paxil lipitor value city furniture Sports auority Robotussin lamictal

April 23, 2007 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C