I have been gone with no computer!

I have been out of town the last couple days up in Cloquet Minnesota at a NG units 90 day reintegration event! So I can explain a little bit about what my job(civilian) is!
The state medical readiness team has a rep. at the 90 day events because that is where they do TB tests and PDHRA's(Post Deployment Health RE Assessments). Now we have been kind of organizing the details for those events and this weekend I performed dual duties, being that it was MY 90 day weekend as well, I GAVE the TB tests, and watched how the PDHRA flow went! Last week I was given the job of being the states PDHRA coordinator, so being that I did that for the PDHA's in Iraq, it is familiar somewhat to me! Unlike the PDHA in Iraq the PDHRA event is performed by a civilian company that flies in and doe sit for a unit. We just oversee it goes smoothly. The companies PDHRA cooordinator asked me if I wanted to work events for them, and while intriging, it requires travel all over the country, but whenever I can. I told him I would give him a call, and it would be mostly weekends of travelling all over. It pays well, and the travel would be cool, but if I fill all my weekends, that would leave no time for family, with my regular guard schedule starting next month. Hopefully I can get out of my nowhere unit I am in right now soon, because it pretty much is a road to nowhere in the Guard world. I think I have much to offer, but my unit is not the place I want to be anymore! The Reserve thing I was going to do is gone, because the Reserve recruiter lied to me intitially about my bonus transferring, and I think I will just find somewhere else in the MNARNG where growth can take place! I will keep you all informed!
I still LOVE my job a lot, and we have tons of new employees to work with but with that comes drama, that we all are new to in that department. A lot of good people.
Have a great weekend!
Later,
Erik











2 Comments:
I love the picture of Missy . . . does she know you posted it?
That job offer sounds cool . . . are your going to take it?
Oh, and How are you?
Best regards from NY! » » »
Post a Comment
<< Home