I know!
I know you are all waiting on baited breath for another post!
I could say I am blog burnt, but I am not, I just have nothing that exciting to post, although, I want to let poeple in on something that I have been really frustrated with recently.
See I realized just how many people DON'T GET a military persons deployment mentality, and the effect it has on families. Missy went through a lot last year and you know she resigned from her job that she had put so much into, WE dedicated a lot of our years to, and whatever resulted in her leaving is not the point. The fact is that when I was across the Ocean and she went through it, I was SO helpless, and to not be able to help my family is about the most helpless you can get. As well, people could not understand why I fought for HER, when no one would step up to bat in my place. After all I wasn't the one working at that place she was at, and yes, it has been a year, and most poeple would say, and DO say, just move on and get over it, but I will tell them all to put yourself in someone elses shoes, and YOU CAN'T! It just is not something you can put yourself in different shoes, and I never realized that. Now Missy and I talk about those days almost ALL the time, even though it is long over and done with. I don't know why it is so hard to, but whatever. Here is what got me in talking to Missy. You know that when I was gone and fighting her employer even for a simple apology to her, the thing I am hearing is that they all thought I was CRAZY. I mean for real, mental crazy, like I went overseas and got crazy or something. Not to be confused with passionate, or TENACIOUS, or just sticking up for what's mine. But, the fact that I was viewed as crazy MAKES me crazy, because I guess unless you have to deal with deployment and the crap that poeple have to deal with and having to hear your wives endure comments from the general public at times about their opinions and NON support for the war and stuff just pisses me off. Why would ANYONE make remarks to the SPOUSE about what they feel about their spouses mission and to do it when tey are gone is crazy in itself.
BUT, the point to all this is that I have been proven to be NOT crazy, and was NOT crazy when I was overseas, so to anyone who thinks that soldiers go over to Iraq, and become weird or something is not a given. We just believe passionately in what we do, and enough to be in danger and not care about the danger. I was totally sane when I fought for my family, and when I see someone from my wifes ex employer at lunch I am gonna tell them what I think about the place, and about what I think about the people they work for, cause they are and always will be until proven otherwise, RAT CRAP! And for me to just "Move on" is not so easy, even though nothing will really ever come out of it, it just is what it is! But, to hear now that poeple actually thought I was crazy is disheartening and makes me feel like I was the bad guy in it.
Listen, I am a very passionate dude, and don't like to turn the other cheek, and I will say what I feel and don't care if it hurts feelings if it is the truth. Some like to turn the other cheek and that is cool, but I am NOT, I just don't have it in me. So don't expect it!
The reason I am now passionate about helping deployed families now is that I understand what those families go through, and what the soldiers are going through, and if I just came home and said, "oh well it is the other Minnesotans turns to do their time over there" would be disrespectful and selfish, so yes if you go to the new site I made, and nothing is updated, I started it and am wokring on what exactly I want to do with it. I have been in touch with family support groups to see what role I can play the most, and then I will develope it from there when I find out what it is I need to do, I am not just a talker, I will be there!
Have a great weekend!
Later,
Erik











6 Comments:
Erik,
You know, for 11 months I saw my newlywed children tough it out...part of the time they were in separate parts of the sandbox, not getting each other's mail and depending on Ron and I to be their link. When Laurie finally got home, she endured 7 more months of being home and Stephen being gone. She didn't have little children to take care of - that might have helped the loneliness a little more bearable. She was still a soldier and maybe she had a more objective view of it all but she was also a young wife missing her new husband.
I can tell you deployment is not fun - and that I understand the hearts of those going through it. While being a parent of deployed children, and not a spouse, I still saw what it did to my daughter. She was tired - and I mean bone tired. Weary - which is more than tired...
Missy understands weary. Emily understands weary..anyone who has or has had anyone deployed knows weary. And it's soldiers like you who have been through it all who help others get through it now that you are home. Crazy? Hell no. Passionate? Definitely.
Talk is cheap...actions speak from the heart..and your heart is bigger than the state of Texas. I've never met you in person but you sound like a man Ron and I would love to have a beer with. Sure wish we were close enough in miles to make that possible. Stick to your guns Erik, and keep on speaking out for what you believe in. I wish there were more of you out there.
Blessings to you and your family.
Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money
Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Asheville rhinoplasty Lift kit land rover jordan phone card russia Video card for 0016472843 http://www.pay-per-click-advertising-6.info/zyban-health.html Pcos medication messages for april 2001 tramadol Bellevue community college continuing education Information on steelhead fishing in oregon http://www.bartending-school-ohio.info/single_parent_scholarships_grants.html Digital imaging adobe tools design illustrator print Vw sales manager http://www.car-cd-player-8.info/Landroverspringratechart.html Toy wooden top tv dvd valtrex Dircks bentley h5n1 tamiflu cherokee sound golf club Designing websites internet marketing web site des
Best regards from NY! travel mug 18 oz insulated Evista vertigo Galena illinois chrysler dealer inventory Wood fishing lures Hard convertible http://www.commercial-general-liability-insurance.info/Uk_provident_mutual_life_assurance.html Averatec battery Cheap family disney vacations All inclusive travel Appliance repair phoenix washers sheepskin seat motorcycle cover honda Low fare air travel singapore Cheap europe vacation package Business first insurance company last minute airline flight tickets sexy girls stocking feet Wellbutrin and provigil discount vardenafil hydrochloride
Post a Comment
<< Home