Sunday, April 30, 2006

Let me get everyone caught up!

Hunter posing!

Trying to get the ball Hunter kicked in the water(RIP ball!)

Drying Hunters shoes with Grandpa!

Cold!

Last weekend Kendall with the dog from next door.(She loves him)



Well, let's recap the birthday and weekend!
Let me think back to Thursday, we celbrated Missys birthday with a trip to MOA to shop for MADISON! So we also met my parents there at Kokomos for dinner and it was fun. Missy is not that big into being celebrated for but I think she liked her birthday. I am so proud of the perso she has become since staying home and not being corperate. She has some BIG things planned in the works as far as starting something for herself, and I will surely post when she is ready to unveil her plan if she wants me to. Although I am talking to her about starting a more interactive blog for her ideas for her plan, we'll see.
So, Madisons birthday on Friday, I met them at a hotel by MOA after work where she had 2 of her friends stay, and we went to MOA again at Rainforest Cafe for dinner and had a good time.
Then I took them back to the hotel and just Kendall and I came home to sleep here, and it was good, but I think, well, I know that was the first time I spent with her alone at night and it was fine. She woke up at 2 am and wanted her mom, but I let her sleep in the bed with me and she slept the rest of the night. Then Saturday night Madison and Missy went to Casting Crowns at the Excel Center, and I think they enjoyed the girl time.
This morning Hunter and I went to the folks cabin to put the docks and lifts in. Of course after the April where it has been BEAUTIFUL it has rained and been chilly the whole weekend, so getting in the freezing water is always the start of the cabin season. My parents have more of a house than cabin, so they spend about half their time there, and a group puts a whole slew of docks in at one time. You can see by the pics it is cold, but it is fun not having ice on the lake. Hunter enjoyed haning out for the day and after about 5 hours we headed back to Minnesota(Cabin is in Wisconsin). Now it is Sunday and I have my first drill next weekend so I am not that pumped about it, since I have not drilled since 2004. Oh well, 6 years left!
That is about it, and everyone have a great week!
Later,
Erik

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Protest for Illegal Immigrant Rights Day!
My thoughts, YOU DON'T HAVE RIGHTS, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE RIGHTS GO HOME!
Ryan

May 01, 2006 10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great photos!
It's time, yet again, for the RFS Blog Awards so go nominate!
ps, a surprise announcment is waiting at my blog... oooh

May 01, 2006 10:34 AM  
Blogger Erik Holtan said...

Ryan,
You don't know how much I wanted to post something about that, but I will comment!
Do you think that we care if you take the day off? Good, what a perfect way to identify illegal immigrants! Now, go arrest them.
Why in this country are ILLEGAL things becoming somethying to stand for? What if a bunch of potsmokers said "Hey, let's protest the ban on pot! Let's not show up for work tommorrow!" Well, 2 things. 1st-You might not think it was uncommon if they didn't show up, and 2nd- It's ILLEGAL!!!
Dumb to talk about!

May 01, 2006 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erik,
My Thoughts exactly!
Ticks me off to no end!
Ryan
Oh and on an unrelated note I HATE my truck, I just got to pay a bucnh of money to have the transmission rebuilt. YEAH FORD.
I just had to tell someone

May 01, 2006 2:41 PM  
Blogger Me said...

LOVE your parents cabin. Sigh. Makes me wish I had someone with a place similar so I could go 'visit'. LOL.

I have no idea what Casting Crowns is... but I'm glad Missy had fun! Ha.

May 01, 2006 5:48 PM  
Blogger mdvelazquez said...

Cute pic of Kendall with the dog.

I'm shivering just looking at the photos. No ice, but probably still ice cold.

Maria

May 02, 2006 2:20 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Erik,
When you were in the sand and I didn't hear from her for a few days, she'd always send me an email and tell me that her and the kids had spent some time at the cabin. I pretty much pictured it the way your pictures look - how nice that you guys all go up and open it up. Wisconsin...I'm going to be there this weekend for a wedding. So will my friend from New Hope - girls weekend!
So thank you for sharing the pictures -and I am so glad that Missy and Madison had good birthdays. Sounds perfect. So you are counting the years too, eh?
Three more years and I am retired. :)
(I count the winters that I have left to commute, which is 2).
Blessings my friend.

May 02, 2006 4:12 AM  
Blogger Erik Holtan said...

OK, I am gonna try to answer some comments.

Emily- 6 more years casue they brainwashed me in Iraq!

Ryan- I think I already answwered that dude. I am about to post something on it!

Christie- Congrats on the pregnancy!

Erik- Why do you think you know everything? Dumbass!

Ryan- I don't mind Ford, but Inver Grove Ford I will pass on! Would you rather bargain with me, or me leave, and go to Hastings Ford and get the same car for MY price? I did!

Meritt- Casting Crowns is a big christain pop/rock band, and they seem decent, but the girls love them! Also, why a cabin when there is MB?

Maria- It really is not that cold, and if I would have sucked it up I would not have needed the rubbers.
If it had been sunny out, I would have swam.

Sue- Hey, I know you are doing a great job of keeping in touch with us, and it is really appreciated. We are not being so great to return the favor. Sorry, I hope things are well in NY!

OK, that took about as long for me as a normal post, but hey, it isn't too bad!

May 02, 2006 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drugs are just bad, you should try to use Herbal Alternatives as a temporary replacement to loose the dependance!

July 22, 2006 10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Latest news. Viagra, cialis

[url=http://viagra.rxworlddata.info]viagra[/url]
[url=http://cialis.rxtvinfo.info]cialis[/url]
[url=http://tramadol.rxplusinfo.info]tramadol[/url]

February 20, 2007 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work video editing schools

March 15, 2007 12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C