Our Trip!
Isn't Missy purrty?!
Kendall scoping for cute guys!
Don't worry Madison it isn't cold!
I kicked the kids butt in Mini golf!
Missy and Kendall our up on the balcony.Can you find them?
Smoky Mountain rest stop!
So back to our vacation!
I will give a brief synopsis of our vacation to the wonder known as Myrtle Beach and our stops along the way!
We always like to leave after school in the evening for vacation, as we always drive. As I said before I like driving mainly because I love seeing our country along the way! It also is not a realistic thing to pay for plane tickets for all of us, so we only could drive 4 hours the 1st night as we found out QUICKLY that Kendall would prefer NOT going on vacation!
We made it to Madison Wisconsin stayed the night and made a longer trek the next day to Bowling Green Kentucky! Don't Mapquest that way from Mpls. to MB because it is the LONG WAY. So with thoughts quickly of stopping in Savannah to see my brother and his girlfriends family who live in Hilton Head fading as it would have about put us over the edge with the 1 year old, we got back on trqck in Nashvile, and headed west through Asheville NC, and the Smoky Mountains, which it was beautiful and snowy, we made it to Colombia SC to stay overnight before finishing off to MB! We got there, enjoyed the beach for 6 days, and then start the grueling task of getting home! This time taking the shorter way staying in Williamsburg Kentucky for a night and of course what would be a roadtrip for us if we made it to Madison again for our last tour stop before home. I am learning a lot about Madison, and what is there.
But, we came home in 1 less day than it took to get there. Not bad, and after Kendall got medicine for her ear infection she was better on the way home. I truly, much to the dismay of the rest of the fam, am the modern day Clark Griswold, cause I like to point out things that interest me but the others could care less. I LIKE knowing where the Jim Beam plant is, and where the NASCAR track s are even though I am not a huge NASCAR fan. But as I told Missy, when I was a kid I was the same as my kids and my dad liked pointing out things and now I don't mind going to those same places knowing I had seen it before but could have cared less casue I only cared about the final destination! Will I ever learn? I am a dad, I don't think so!
Either way South Carolina is a decent place to visit, and I think they all liked vacation, and hopefully when the kids get older they will appreciate that they have seen TONS of places aorund the country and will take their kids on the journey! It is the circle of life right?
That is all I have tonight but here are pics from the journey!
Later,
Erik











3 Comments:
Glad you had a nice vacation. Nice pics! Thanks for sharing your family with us--though I'm sure your wife just LOVES you for sharing that first one! lol
Somewhere in my archives are some stories about driving to Myrtle Beach....
When Peanut (NatureGirl) was about 15 months old we had the trip that will stand out most in our memories... forever. LOL. It's become fodder for the "family stories" that are told at least once or twice a year.
We'll have to get our families together sometime... if we do, bring up MB and we'll tell our story. ;)
best regards, nice info » » »
Post a Comment
<< Home