Plans for Independence!

That sounds more important than it is, but it is pretty much the weekend already right?
I mean, what do you do on the friday before a holiday at work? Nothing right?
Well, of course I work my ass off, but most don't!
So my brother Mark is coming into town tonight from Coli......or Colorado as some call it.
I will pick him up and he'll stay the night at our place and then we will go up to the cabin for the weekend, come back on Sunday, work Monday(Again..another grueling day), then celebrate with mortar shells on Tuesday!
Also on Tuesday we are having a little get together for Missys uncle and aunt(I guess it would be mine as well), who are in from their home in the beautiful Honduran Island of Utila. If Missy liked to fly and we had a couple extra hundred thousand dollars I would be living there too!
But Bill and Laroe, if some remember came all the way up from Honduras just for my deployment ceremony, so it will be good to see them. I am sure they came up in case I went toes up while I was gone to see me 1 last time, but too bad, they have to see me again! Ha!!! Ha!!! I don't even know if they read this anymore from their hammock in their bungalow!
So, anyways, it will be great to see Mark again, as he doesn't get up here all too often, because of his adventerous life in the Rocky Mountains.
With Mark coming in, I won't be able to make the Alice Cooper concert at the Taste of Minnesota which is going on this weekend in St. Paul, but I think a group of us will mosey on down there right now for a good Cheese Curd lunch!
For all my brothers and sisters in the sand!
You all have a safe weekend and thanks for keeping us independant and helping fight the fight over there. Not a day goes by that we don't think of YA'LL!!!!!
Later,
Erik











7 Comments:
Have a great weekend!
Hi Erik,
Well you are up at the cabin by now but hope your fourth of July will be awesome - your brother must be a great guy if he lives in CO! We will be out there ourselves in a few weeks...
take care and have a safe time on the 4th!
Sue
I am sure you are at the cabin by now, so I'll just say Hope you had a great weekend! Enjoy your 4th of July and Thanks for doing your share to keep us independent and free....
Fantastagirl... aka mommaof2
I like the photo you chose.
As for "Coli" that is just soooo wrong. Does anyone REALLY call it that? LOL. Cuz I have family and friends from all around the Denver and Littleton area and none of them do. :) Also - being from California where we DO call it 'Cali' I couldn't help but wonder if the Coli thing was a 'wanna be'.
:)
Hey Fellow, you have a top-notch blog here!
If you have a moment, please have a look at my used honda car parts site.
Good luck!
Hey Fellow, you have a top-notch blog here!
If you have a moment, please have a look at my used foreign auto parts site.
Good luck!
What a great site »
Post a Comment
<< Home