Lock it up!




Wow, my last post got such a huge response of comments I left it up for a couple extra days!
The last couple days I have been up in northern Minnesota at Camp Ripley getting orientated with my new unit 175th Infantry Regiment(RTI=Regional Training Institute). As I stated back when I was selected along with Ms.(SGT)Sarah Carlson for an instructor position, I a excited to join them and they are so gracious, and it really feels like a team, and family. WAY more than the unit I used to be in! I think a lot of it has to do with leadership, but if I am gonna learn and teach others, I want to do it the RIGHT way!
So along with the new unit comes promotion and as we were up there yesterday, they had a promotion ceremony for us.
I have attached pictures of me being velcroed as an E-6(Staff Sergeant) by SFC Wamre, who has taken such great care of our paperwork and planning. I was proud to have her velcro the rank on! If SFC Wamre's hand looks like it is blurry it is probably because she was so nervous she was shaking. That does happen when you promote a war hero! VERY intimidating!
Kidding, of course, I am not a war hero, I only played one in the Army. OK, actually, as I said before, I balled up in the fetal position in the back of the HUMVEE when I went on convoy, but keep that on the downlow, cause I have to pretend I was a War Hero to poeple in Minnesota!
Have a great day, thanks for the comments!
Later,
Erik











8 Comments:
Your to kind. Thanks and have a great day! SFC Wamre
You are a nerd!- and your other war hero that is also curled up in a ball in the back of his hum-v says to say hello!
congrats on the promotion- its about time!!! wohoo on the E-6 pay!!!! thats the only fun part about it! good luck with all the extra paper work that comes with this great honor! i was going to post each word as a different comment so you thought you generated more comments this time- ha ha-
congrats again on the promotion!
-michelle
Erik,
CONGRATULATIONS on the promotion - I'm proud of you - your family must be proud as well. I remember the day I pinned Laurie's SGT stripes on her - it was a thrill to be a part of it - of course I cried and tried to velcro the stripes upside down. The Colonel set me straight. Glad that your new unit feels like home. The pix are great - you look terrific!
God bless you - love to your family.
Oh man... Camp Ripley. My old stompin' grounds.
I bet it's still beautiful up there.
Sigh.
woot woot!
Hey congrats!
If you look at the top picture you actually look like you are in pain. Were you affraid the velcro might hurt?
Ryan
(I cant let you head get too big it might not fit through your door)
Holy S$?*@!!!!
You're a 6 like the rest of us. It's about time, you deserve it. Hope it works alittle better than mine does.
hugs & kisses to everyone
Trac
Glad to see you will still talk to us little people, Erik ... *grin*
Seriously, congratulations on making Staff Sergeant - very nice!
Post a Comment
<< Home