Man I wish I had a USB cable!
Yep, so at the conference out here in DC, as we have attended the conference we have seen the sites, and even though I was out here when I was a kid, seeing these landmarks is AWESOME!
today, we went to the Washington Monument, the Korean War memorial and Lincoln memorial, White House(in which the President flew back as we were watching in those cool helicopters), we were able to bring our co worker Dave over to the Vietnam Memorial to which he is a Vietnam Vet as a Navy Corpsman medic for the Marines, lost a lot of friends, and will tell you he should be on that wall, but isn't. He said yesterday he would NEVER go to it, cause he couldn't even make it to the travelling wall in St. Paul becasue of the emotions, well, we had MAJ Booth talk him onto it, and he spent about 30 minutes there, and we just kind of left him alone, and I am SURE it was SO emotional, but I am happy I got to at least see him look on that wall and see his friends and brothers that never came back with him, and whomever you know that is a Vietnam Vet and what they went through when they came back, and what it is like now, you feel for them and for those that never cam e back. I know someday we will have a Iraq memorial, or we should, but I don't know if it will be the same as Vietnam, and I remember that was one of the first times I saw my dad cry when we went to that when we were kids(Sorry Dad), but to see someone who KNEW all those service members whom he treated and knew that didn't survive is beyond words. This place in DC is so special if you are an American, and as my drill Sgt. said in Basic Training, every time you hear the Star Spangled Banner at a sporting event or WHEREVER, you should ALWAYS get that chill up your spine with pride and a sense of knowing how many people gave for all of us! What did they get for us to have so much? 6 feet of dirt is all! But that is all they asked for!
Later,
Erik











7 Comments:
I got chills just reading it.
Ryan
its here
phentermine search ENGINE
phentermine
tramadol
Farm Search Engine
relax and enjoy
Tramadol
Viagra
phentermine
cialis
Relax and enjoy
Casino
viagra
tramadol
cialis
Tramadol, viagra
viagra
tramadol
cialis
Latest news. Viagra, cialis
viagra
cialis
tramadol
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Chicago fitness trainer Circuit breakers note Drug hydrocodone testing buy tramadol now olympic water sports w aden ii jacket adjustments for 1996 gmc composite head light assembly 2005 subaru outback best price shark body kits ontario canada web cheapest meridia college online course umax ppc Lamictal pregnancy harm dean phillips internet marketing Ie popup blocker 1 4 Kitchenaide dishwasher part
Post a Comment
<< Home