Monday, August 07, 2006

Good Times!



Here are some more pics from our trip to DC last week, I will explain as I go here from bottom to top! The bottom one is me and MAJ Rozelle, who was a speaker at one of the sessions. MAJ Rozelle was known to me before this, and I was honored to hear him speak. He is the first amputee to lose a limb and go BACK to theater for another tour of duty in Iraq. Yes, technology is a wonder in society, but heart will help you utilize that technology, and hearing the reasons, and dedication he had and has now is truly inspiring. I could not imagine losing my lower leg and rehabbing to the point of just walking again, but to go back to military life Fit For Duty, and redeploying on a mission that is hard enough with all functioning parts of my body, but he is great motivation to Americans who think they can't.
The middle pic is of me addressing the crowd before the president speaks. wait, no the crowd is ONE, and that is who took the pic of me at the Smithsonian!
The top pic is cool because it is of me and COL Mercier, who sat at the desk next to me in Iraq, and we became friends and he now works for the Armed Forces Radiobiology Institute in Bethesda MD. I travelled up there on lunch one day to meet him at Bethesda Naval Hospital where his office is, and went over some old times. The guy is just top notch and we like telling jokes and laughed a lot. I was able to see him and MG Granger during me week there. MG Granger was BG Granger in Iraq, and was our Corps Surgeon with our Surgeon Cell, and he now heads up TriCare for the military. But anyways, it was fun to see those on active duty I normally would never see again. I have to thank COL Mercier again for lunch and for showing me around where all the rocket scientists work.(Of course he kind of is one and he will let you know it) But that level of thinking is way above my line of thinking! OK, hard time getting that pic up so I will do it tommorrow!
Have a great week!
Later,
Erik

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool! MAJ Rozelle sounds like an inspiration to anyone.

August 08, 2006 8:09 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Erik - I'm envious of you, for getting to meet Major Rozelle. He is an amazing guy, what a terrific inspiration! I need to grab his book the next time I get to the store :-)

Sorry I haven't been here much - Good to see you are doing well!

August 09, 2006 8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought to have a middle of something you have to have more than 2 but maybe I am wrong.
Ryan

August 10, 2006 7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

February 15, 2007 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C