Monday, August 21, 2006

How bout them apples?






Tonight was mowing night and for anyone who has a crab apple tree you will know they are very nice trees but towards this time of year they shed apples like crazy and as with anything I have in the yard there is a procedure to clean the apples before I mow. I have to get up in the tree and shake all the branches to get the loose apples of and then rake the apples off the lawn into the driveway and then shovel them into a lawn bag and into the garbage. I do this once a week and the bees are horrible, but hey you get a lot of crab apple pie out of the deal. Okay maybe not but Hunter and his friend ate a couple and they aren't sick yet!
I put a couple more pics up of Hunter at the Gopher open house, and then some of him feeding Kendall Redi whip! I think she likes it!
Later,
Erik

i

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caleb used to make the sound it makes when he wanted some.
Ryan

August 22, 2006 8:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I will keep this in mind as we choose trees for our new house.

Crab apple trees are a lot more work than normal trees...they are off my list.

August 24, 2006 10:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dude - Crab apples are great - AND they make a great jam. I have eaten tons of them and you see how pleasant and cheerfully alive I am!

Furthermore, I thought Hunter was making Kendal chug a beer in that picture! (and then the "oops I burped" picture should have been below it) Loved it, even after you explained - hehehe!

Finally - I find it hilarious that you want to make us all think that you only loose your apples once a week! HA!

August 24, 2006 4:49 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Now that is a girl after my own heart!! Redi Whip straight up!

Hi Erik and Melissa! You two have been on my mind, so I thought I'd check out the blog to see what's going on. Melissa, you look awesome!

I am glad to see things are going so well for your family.

Diane

August 28, 2006 6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, cute pics (as always).
So there's nothing you can make with a crab apple?

August 29, 2006 6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C