Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Thoughts(or lack thereof!)

After much thought(or lack thereof) I have decided to post!
Let's ee, either I think about not much or just don't get too deep into thought anymore, cause I really don't desire to post about too much. Sure I am pretty busy between both work and the military, although I am on active duty orders for the time being doing the same thing I did before as a civilian for which the pay is a lot better, but I don't get paid extra to go to my weekends at my unit. As the old saying goes that I HATE, "you are the Army's 24 hours a day and you will work and not work when they tell you"!
Well, not that bad, but preparing for the BCT to get back early next year and setting up a decent PDHRA program for our state, plus going to my normal unit functions gets long. Luckily the people I work with both during the day and on weekends makes it easy and enjoyable.
If you recall when deployed I had plenty of passion to get my point across, and was pissed at certain things regarding home. I have mainly forgotten about those things, but they pop up every once in awhile, like when I am watching the 9th inning of the Twins games at home. (that is a clue) .
Either way I am very opinionated still regarding things I used to publiscize, like politics, and politics, and things going on in the world and country.
For instance: This Jon Benet Ramsey ex suspect? Yeah, for the person he is, he could just as well fall off the map.
49 poeple died in a plane crash Sunday and it was secondary to a NON suspect freakball! 7 years ago a plane crash with that many dead would draw deserved coverage.
What else?
See not too much except for that regarding the 1 year ago antics of New Orleans, and the hurricane, I saw this Solidad Obrien things on CNN about how things look now, and I have to say seeing some of the footage of whole neighborhoods EXACTLY as they were last year deserted is just appaling to me. Not that the government has not brought bulldozers in and finished the levelling, since when is it up to the government to clean MY house after a disaster? Hey, call me what you want, but those poor souls were victims of a hurricane, NOT the governement.
See in this country so many find blame when things go wrong, but that does not mean that the blame is what caused the problem. The blame just puts the solution out of site. New Orleans REelected their mayor like a bunch of bobbleheads. Half of the residents don't live there anymore, because they are somewhere else surviving, but they blame the government for they way their old stuff is destroyed. Yet they REelect their local mouthpiece who blamed so many for his own cities problems. Hey, so many have used that event as a stepping stone and remain there and have done great work, or have moved on to build their life somewhere else. PROGRESS! With a little will and making a plan things get better.
Oh well, now I got off on a little side note, and will probably offend some liberals who are thinking about what the government can do for them.
Isn't it funny that the president who said "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" was a Democrat?
Later,
Erik

3 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

LOL because you are the FIRST PERSON who has said what I've been saying about the whole freakin' Katrina issue. Then again, we live in the same area of the country... where you pick yourself up by your bootstraps and move on! Help yourself. Don't count on the government agencies to help you... it's not their job. It's their job to GOVERN.

I've just not said anything because frankly, I'm not up to any deep serious posting lately.

August 30, 2006 6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't let a handful of people on the extreme left speak for all liberals. :)

August 30, 2006 8:09 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Erik,
It's so good to see you again. And enjoy everything you have to say. Your point is well taken and personally, I agree with most everything you said. I finally got a tiny bit political the other day instead of sticking to the safe stuff to post. You gotta say these things sometimes, you know?Sending good wishes to all of your family - you must be getting anxious for that baby to arrive.
Take care and blessings...

August 30, 2006 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C