Funny Story........if your not ME!

So last week comes, and I am just working in the office and stuff like the good soldier that I am, and our Adjutant General MG Shellito's assistant called the office to say that he and the state SGM needed HIV blood draws at their office in case they ever take a trip to Iraq and Afghanistan to visit MN troops. So I say, "Yeah, no problem I will be up their at 1000 tommorrow morning" So I head up to their office the next day and take care of the SGM, and when going into MG Shellitos office and drew his blood. Well, I asked him if he remembered when he was in Iraq, and reenlisted me in our landscaping outside the office. Well, he did, and we were talking about that and things of that nature. So a couple days later, I had to scramble to update some other things for their files, and called his secretary to see if he was around to fill out some paperwork. She said he left for the day and she would try to get a hold of him and let me know. So I left my desk for a little bit and when I came back there was a missed call, and I looked at the number and didn't recognize it so I called it back. Now, normally when I call back an unrecognizable # I will say "Hi, I was just noticing a missed call recently on my phone, and this was the number"! Well, that day I decided I was maybe a little in a hurry and called and said "WHO IS THIS?" ............................Well, the other end of the phone said "Shellito"...................AAHHHH, Well ''Hello, sir, this is SSG Holtan just calling about blah, blah blah............" WHOAH, I am so dead!!!!! Luckily he is a great guy, and he was very receptive. I guess I will find out in 45 minutes when I go up and give him a shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyways, aside from that, I am going to only post about once a week from now on, cause my readership has lessened, and sometimes I feel I am talking to an empty room. Kind of like the Dixie Chicks current tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care if you like them, they suck!!!!! I was gonna shut the thing down and stop bloggin, but I have a baby one the way(Missy does anyways) and will probably want to keep friends and family abreast of those type of things.
On the fact that today is 9-11, I am not too into rehashing those things, and you kniw, this year is not more important to last year, plus, I think sometimes people do it(memorialize) to look better. NOT ALL, some! I feel the same way now as I did then. Well, not as afraid or scared as I was that day, but more resiliant and sure that we know where the devil lies in our world(outside of pedophiles) We have Memorial Day for those things. I for sure think about all who died and what we lost that day.
Have a great day!
Erik











6 Comments:
Don't stop blogging...I love hearing and seeing what you're up too. Oh...and I love you too!
Erik,
I hear what you are saying about the readership being down. Sometimes I don't know whether to post anything on my site or not cause most days I don't get any comments...but I figure if only one person is reached on a day that they NEEDED to be reached, then it is worthwhile...even without the comments, if my words can be the vessel, so be it. We love your words Erik and I visit here often...hope you don't shut down cause the internet would be without a remarkably funny, kind, HONEST, and just plain great blog. And you are soooo right about the Dixie Chicks. I have about 3 of their CDs...just gathering dust in my cd case.
Blessings my friend.
Chicks Suck! Go Tobi Keith!
Ryan
I so understand the thought of readership. I too feel as if I am talking to an empty room. but Oh well, I put it out there anyways.
I am glad you will continue to blog. Once a week is fine with me. I have been bad about commenting lately. I got into commenting my comentors only. MY BAD! you better come by and say hi soon.
Take care and best wishes on the new baby!! can't wait to hear all about it when the time comes.
Love ya bro!
Dude - would you be as invited to the wedding if you stupped blogging? Yeah, not so much!
No, really - love seeing your still alive and thrivin' - but you are right, the kiddos and wifey need the attention more than we do!
I'm glad you decided not to stop blogging! Don't!
Post a Comment
<< Home