Friday, October 06, 2006

Back............with a vengeance I guess!

Let me add to this post instead of writing a new one.
1st off more details about the timeshare thing. The guy told me he wouldn't sign anything saying I was cancalling, and I had to GO ACROSS THE PARKING LOT to the UPS store and send it TO THE ADDRESS I WAS STANDING AT as certified mail! Yes the rule states that, and also states,"or any other VARIFIABLE means" in writing. Well, I wrote it and I wanting him to sign that they recieved it to VARIFY I brought it in. After the incident, to which another manager signed the note I wrote, but recommended for my protection to send it certified. Cool.....stupid, but fine, so I did. Then I got back iin the car and realized I forgot to drop off the welcome pack, to which if you don't return you will be charged $100. I told Missy I am not paying $100 for somthing I don't want, I have to bring it back since we were still in the parking lot the guy was gonna wipe my ass all over. So I went back and as soon as I walked up some of the cronies summoned the nice manager and he knew as soon as he saw the bag I was returning it. He took it and had me sign a reciept for the packet, and also gave me a return refund for my down payment. So yes, it was cancelled.
Quite honestly timeshares are not that bad depending on your travel plans year to year, but these guys kept saying "It's a real estate transaction, not some used car buy!" HELLO, then why do they use slimy used car tactics to sell them? Seriously, if they are not gonna let you walk out of there without buying, and give you no time to do research, then I will use those same tactics and buy if there is serious interest, and then do research and cancel if need be! Pretty simple, and I know not everyone is into tiemshare and things like that, but lots of folks I know have them and use them and love them. I don't have the money to buy another real estate property and I have stayed at resorts for a week, and spent half a timeshare just for 1 vacation! So different strokes for different folks. I am not a mean sprited guy AT ALL, in fact quite the opposite, but I will always call an asshole an asshole. I LIKE negotiating! It is fun for me! Not so much for the sales people, and I will walk away no problem. You can't bully me, well you can but I will bully you in return. I swear I never do it first. I like to stir the pot, that is me, and I guess will always be me, I do not make a good sales guy on this premise! I am honest, and when I was an insurance agent for AFLAC, I SUCKED!!!!! I always got in the door, but when I sat down with someone and talked to them, a lot of times I would end up saying, "Well, you might be better off with something else" That is the right thing to do! Not much commission on that, but I felt a hell of a lot better, than going home, and thinking someone really didn't need that!

OK, thats it!








Oh, what stories I can tell from this vacation and delightfully none of them involve long horrible car trips! Where to start and I cannot sum it up in one post but where to start...................with the me using the old wife is 8 months pregnant and has to pee story to the nice Wisconsin State Trooper to just get a warning, or me having some Timeshare manager taking me outside and wanting me to punch him so he could kick my ass all over the parking lot, well, that is one post in itself, but true folks!
Needless to say I took about 8 pictures from the whole trip and am relying on others to maybe get me some pictures via email from the wedding and such to enhance our visual memory. Sorry, I just was NOT papparazzi like this vacation. Too bad, becasue I can say Hilton Head SC has now become my favorite vacation spot, in particular Sea Pines Plantation where we stayed. The whole wedding weeekend was straight out of a book from the Low Country boil on the beach at the rehearsal dinner, to the reception at the mansion on the beach, to a very generous family to whom my brother married into. Very special thanks to the Hudaks for such a great weekend. So the pics I have here today are the ones I took and we'll see what I can get from there!
Long story short on the almost fight! I bought a timeshare on the premises that I had to buy it that day or else......okay so I did, but then I had to do my homework after the fact and figured I didn't want it, so in SC you have 5 days to cancel and after taking Missy to the condo I bought we decided we liked SeaPines where we stayed much better and I went and excersized my right to cancel by bringing my notice in writing in person to the resort place! The manager didn't like that I was doing that and in essence I called him a dickhead and he brought me outside and said I threatened him. After I told him I would stand outside at the next presentation and tell the people what they were getting, and he would have me arrested for trespassing. Were at a strip mall, so I said I was gonna just be shopping at other stores, and he said he would have me arrested for loitering to which I I would order a pizza at the Dominoes right next door and wait for the order. Oh well, some timeshare manager doesn't scare me, and I am a lover not a fighter!
That's all for now but as you can see Missy is about ready but she is a trooper and did great this trip although it was quite hot down there and that tested her, we had a great week!
Later,
Erik

Oh and thanks to the kids for all the car shots, tht doubled the picture outtakes for the vacation!

11 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Welcome back I wondered when we were going to see you again. Sounds like you had a great time, with the exception of the time share person. Guess he doesn't believe in the fine print. Missy looks great - but I am sure she must be about ready to have that baby. Especially after a long car trip. Glad you had a good (and safe) trip.
Good to see you back!

October 07, 2006 8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

Missy does indeed look great :)

October 09, 2006 5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, your back! So did you get out of the condo thingy! I hate those!

Take care!

October 09, 2006 9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how fast were you going? Did he give you a police escort so she could pee. Did she really have to pee or were you just using her?
Remind me to tell you my bear story next time we are together.
Ryan

October 09, 2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger Me said...

So... he DID let you cancel the timeshare? No?

LOVE the photos. Need more.

October 09, 2006 2:48 PM  
Blogger barb pfister said...

Try the same scenario at Disney World, not a pretty sight. Missy really looks good and boy did you get lucky.

October 10, 2006 7:30 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

heat and with child do not mix. Clint and I went to see Willie Nelson when I was carrying the twins...well....we did not see Willie.

October 10, 2006 4:56 PM  
Blogger mdvelazquez said...

Missy looks fabulous!

October 11, 2006 4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your wifey is so darn good looking and expecting your fourth...lucky bastard!
Soldier

October 14, 2006 9:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Funny stuff about those timeshare slimeballs. Good for you for standing your ground!

P.S. Gosh, how did that football game go yesterday here in WI?

October 15, 2006 12:00 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

So uhmm....I am posting more then you now. Soemthing is wrong with this picture.;)

October 16, 2006 7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C