Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Yes, Ryan, I wanted to mention Kerry.........

**************Let me update all of this with another update.******************
OK, I have gotten calls from various outlets to interview me regarding the damn picture I put up yesterday. The New York Post, who wouldn't stop calling me last night, asked me my opinion, and then I gave it to them of what I thought of the picture. If you read the front page article in the NY Post, you may see that it might make me out to be a spokeperson for the Minnesota Army National Guard. I have been scolded by some as being out of line for speaking for the Minnesota National Guard. I DID NOT SPEAK FOR THE MINNESOTA NATIONAL GUARD!!!!!!!!! I SPECIFICALLY TOLD THE PEOPLE FROM ANY MEDIA OUTLET WHAT MY PERSONAL OPINION WAS, AND ONLY THAT I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY!!!!!!!! ASIDE FROM THAT I TOLD THEM THAT IN THE MORNING(TODAY) I WOULD GET THEM THE CONTACT FOR OUR PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICE!!
I SPECIFICALLY TOLD ANYONE THAT I CANNOT CONFIRM ANY PHOTO, AND CANNOT SPEAK ON BEHALF OF ANYONE, EITHER TROOPS IN IRAQ, OR THE MNARNG.
SO THERE.
All I put up was a picture of people speaking their mind from another media outlet.
To the press: I get that you are trying to get a message out, but go to the source, I need my job, and don't put words in my mouth or misconstrue your questions with my answers.
You can see I took the picture off and said I was NOT a spokeperson for the Guard!!!!!!
I was not forced to put this message out either, so how is that?

*****I APPROVED THIS MESSAGE**********




.............but I thought so many other people would pounce on it I wouldn't~
Then I recieved this picture via email and I love it. It does happen to be members of the 34th ID here in Minnesota, so it is obviously showing some of our dumber citizens as they must not have completed their education, you can see they are in Iraq.
I too, have not completed my edumacation, and yes, was in Iraq, so he is correct.

I am conservative, yes, I make no bones about it, but for someone to say the comments he did, (and they are right there verbatim on the news), and then weasle out of it by saying it was a bad attempt at a joke is stupid. A botched joke is what it is. Funnier when you try to get out of the joke!
Either way, of course the republicans are gonna jump on it, IT'S ELECTION TIME!!!! The democrats have been ripping on the Bush faithful's for months, and now they are crying foul?
The liberals are making themselves out to be this better type of person and we are all under control of these power hungry people. They are ALL power hungry.

Anyways, enjoy the pic.

****UPDATE**********
I have to say this pic was sent to me from a link to a talk show in Wisconsin.
The NEW YORK POST was calling me tonight to see if I could confirm if it was a real photo(not doctored) because they wanted to run it FRONT PAGE tommorrow. Well, I can't confirm it is real and what not, and didn't think it was that big of deal just funny. And.........another lady from the NY Post just called right now to ask me some more questions about it. I guess it is the talk of the office there trying to find out if it is real. I am referring them to PAO from this point cause I am not being a spokesperson for Minnesota on the Public Affairs front. That is not my lane.
Evidently it is up on Matt Drudges Drudge report as well.
*******END*********

*********UPDATE***********
I am taking the picture down for now. go to The Drudge Reprt and/or this Charlie Sykes talk show hosts site to see it if you want.
*********End***********

Later,
Erik

99 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pic is Priceless!!!

Have a Great Day!

November 01, 2006 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a funny pic. how is it going just also thought i would say hi and see how things are going. we got a new holtan baby yet. talk to you later michelle

November 01, 2006 3:31 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

I guess I missed the picture...will have to go look it up on my own, but am excited that you are so important press people are calling you.

November 01, 2006 9:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Damn...the NY Post called you?

I'm in awe.

November 02, 2006 5:48 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

You are even mentioned in the Post article - Wowzers :-)

That pic was up on my screen at work, and a few of my friends walked behind me. They took one look, and all started cracking up!! Not bad for the liberal PNW. Just goes to show how badly Kerry screwed the pooch !

November 02, 2006 6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No matter what happens remember that I have your back. No worries.

S-CURVE

November 02, 2006 9:12 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Erik,
My military mom friends are sending all sorts of emails to me about the picture. It's up on the MMs website too. I just received an article from my friend in WI and there, lo and behold in black and white was SGT Erik Holtan and the story about your blog. Little did I know that I have a famous friend and I didn't even know cause I didn't get to your site yesterday.
Good job!! The picture of your fellow MN soldiers is traveling all over the place.
Sue

November 02, 2006 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erik,
If you can please get a message to the unit that they have mispelled the first word in their message to Mr. Carry. It should be spelled HEP. I am from the south and a Viet Nam era vet too stupid to avoid service but wait wasn't Mr. Kery in Viet Nam. He must not have done his home work either.
From one who has a BS in medical sciences BECAUSE of my experience as a hospital corpsman in the military. Thank God for our veteran's and particularly for our sons and daughters serving today. Sincerely,
Dennis McCutcheon from the mountains of western NC - that's why I know Halp is speled hep!!!

November 02, 2006 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been 6 hours since the sh@# hit the fan...I still got your back.

S-CURVE

November 02, 2006 12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! what a wild ride!

November 02, 2006 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are all fools. The NeoCons are taking you for a ride.

November 02, 2006 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, Look what happens when I open my mouth you put your whole leg in yours!
I say we start a campaign to get you elected for gov via write in vote. I can be your running mate if you need one.
Slogan: Vote for Erik the media likes to take him out of context.
What do you say?
Ryan

November 02, 2006 1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH what the heck is a NeoCon? and is it a fun ride?
Ryan
p.s. If you want to block anonymous I will get a screen name.

November 02, 2006 1:43 PM  
Blogger Me said...

*** Ok ***

I didn't comment on the picture yesterday because I had already seen it EVERY WHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET BY THEN!

Why in the heck all the hullaballoo? The news stations have carried it, blogs have carried it - every has already talked about it. I am just shaking my head at the stupidity surrounding the media (and NYPost apparently).

November 03, 2006 6:31 AM  
Blogger AMM said...

The picture was a hoot.Big question? Did anyone give Move America Forward permission to put the photo on a T-shirt?
http://www.thecampaignstore.com/store/itemdetail.asp?id=336

November 04, 2006 6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

August 18, 2007 4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

August 18, 2007 9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

September 09, 2007 11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hNf3U6 You have a talant! Write more!

October 30, 2007 9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

q0cKvp Good job!

October 30, 2007 7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cOmupm The best blog you have!

November 01, 2007 11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kv8t60 Magnific!

November 02, 2007 10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnific!

November 02, 2007 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all!

November 02, 2007 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

November 02, 2007 1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all!

November 02, 2007 2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

November 03, 2007 3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnific!

November 03, 2007 8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

November 03, 2007 9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

November 03, 2007 10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all!

November 03, 2007 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PFRAAF write more, thanks.

November 04, 2007 4:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnific!

November 04, 2007 8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnific!

November 04, 2007 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job!

November 04, 2007 10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

November 04, 2007 11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

November 04, 2007 11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

November 05, 2007 12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job!

November 05, 2007 12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all!

November 05, 2007 1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnific!

November 05, 2007 2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnific!

November 05, 2007 2:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

November 05, 2007 3:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all!

November 05, 2007 3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

November 05, 2007 4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beam me aboard, Scotty..... Sure. Will a 2x10 do?

November 05, 2007 5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

November 05, 2007 5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnific!

November 05, 2007 6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Energizer Bunny Arrested! Charged with battery.

November 05, 2007 6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job!

November 05, 2007 7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.

November 05, 2007 7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.

November 05, 2007 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All generalizations are false, including this one.

November 05, 2007 8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.

November 05, 2007 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C++ should have been called B

November 05, 2007 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

November 05, 2007 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Energizer Bunny Arrested! Charged with battery.

November 05, 2007 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

November 05, 2007 11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

November 05, 2007 12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies

November 05, 2007 12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.

November 05, 2007 1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

640K ought to be enough for anybody. - Bill Gates 81

November 05, 2007 1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

November 05, 2007 2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.

November 05, 2007 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

640K ought to be enough for anybody. - Bill Gates 81

November 05, 2007 3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies

November 05, 2007 3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

November 05, 2007 4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

November 05, 2007 5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

November 05, 2007 5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

November 05, 2007 6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all!

November 05, 2007 6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I.

November 05, 2007 7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

November 05, 2007 8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

November 05, 2007 8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

November 05, 2007 9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnific!

November 05, 2007 9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

November 05, 2007 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

November 05, 2007 11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

November 05, 2007 11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

November 06, 2007 12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience.

November 06, 2007 1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

November 06, 2007 2:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

November 06, 2007 2:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

November 06, 2007 3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience.

November 06, 2007 4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beam me aboard, Scotty..... Sure. Will a 2x10 do?

November 06, 2007 5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job!

November 06, 2007 6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

November 06, 2007 6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

November 06, 2007 7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

November 06, 2007 7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C++ should have been called B

November 06, 2007 8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beam me aboard, Scotty..... Sure. Will a 2x10 do?

November 06, 2007 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

November 06, 2007 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

November 06, 2007 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beam me aboard, Scotty..... Sure. Will a 2x10 do?

November 06, 2007 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

November 06, 2007 12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

November 06, 2007 12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

erikholtan.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading erikholtan.blogspot.com every day.
payday loans
bad credit loans

November 25, 2009 12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Research to away from unparalleled scoff cook with stocky greater constituent [url=http://onlineviagrapill.com]order viagra[/url]. Justification to own you tender-hearted of planner that you are strapping [url=http://ambiendrug.com]ambien[/url]. Chit-chat to gloominess wince at syndrome [url=http://virb.com/symbalta]flagyl[/url]

February 13, 2010 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C