You never thought you would hear from me again!!!!




Well, I showed you.
In light of the whole bridge collapse here in Minnesota, I have to say at least 7 or 8 folks from out of state have left a comment here, elsewhere, or emailed or called to ask of our well being.
I thought I would add a post just to mention how we are.
We are all good, though we will take donations of money..............kidding.............
Thanks so much for checking in. It seems pretty surreal that something that crazy happens so close to where you are and what you know. As I have stated all day to people who have contacted me, I am NOT the type of person who connects myself with the tragedy by saying, "I normally go over that between 6-7pm every night or, my first second cousin who is also my brother went over the bridge at 4pm, they are lucky. Or, I live just a mile from it, I am lucky it didn't reach my apartment. Either way, I am pleasantly shocked that many more people were not killed.
I have to say I miss blogging a little bit, especially when I need to vent, but I still have MySpace, although I like that mainly for leaving easy messages for people. I may eventually start a new blog, but when I have my own blog I don't really get around to other peoples blogs.
As for the Holtan's, we are keepin on! Nothing really new, I am still pretty busy at work, our 34th BCT just returned from Iraq, and it was great to see so many of my friends who I have not seen in 3 years since I was deployed when they left. Good times on that front. I have been going around the state and talking to some state agencies about health effects of our returning troops, and what we do for them.
Missy is beautiful as always, the kids are growing like Barry Bonds on steriods, and it has been consistantly hot here in Minnesota this summer, which I love!!!!!!
Well, everyone(4 of you all) take care, leave a comment and have a great summer.
Remember I have Myspace.com/holtoni if you want to see up to date pictures from time to time!~!!
Later,
Erik











4 Comments:
Hey there, Glad to hear you are all okay. I thought of you when I saw the news. I sure miss our blogging together.
Take care!
Glad to hear from you. Your family looks great Erik.
Hi Erik...ahhh, you are a blogger at heart. The only thing about your family that has changed is how the kids have grown. Otherwise, they are all still beautiful, Missy is glowing and you, Erik, look like a very contented husband and dad.
Bless you all and thanks for the update.
Just popped over from TKW - thought it would be rude not to at least wave and say HI
Post a Comment
<< Home